What is the console log?
The console log is a collection of messages/alerts/errors/etc. that are stored by your browser when you access and use Roll20. This collection of logged information allows us to discern issues that are occurring on your end as a user and best help you troubleshoot them.
This will not work for mobile or tablet-based devices. If you have one of these devices, you can ignore any instructions for submitting a console log.
1) Open up the Chrome Developer Tools. You can do this by right-clicking the page and selecting Inspect from the menu, pressing Ctrl+Shift+I on your keyboard for Windows, or pressing Command+Option+I on Mac.
2) Within this new section, navigate to the tab titled Console and click on it.
3) Leave open this tab and the developer tools and navigate to the section of the site that you are having trouble with. From there, perform the action or series of actions that are causing you issue. For example, if you were having some trouble with moving around a token on your map, you would leave open the developer tools, navigate to the game in question, and then try to move around the token.
4) Once you have performed the actions from step 3, navigate back to the Console tab in the developer tools, if you aren't there already. In that tab, click on one of the console messages and then use the select-all command to select all messages in the tab. This is done by pressing Ctrl+A on Windows or Command+A on a Mac. After selecting, use the copy-all command to copy all information from here by pressing Ctrl+C on Windows or Command+C on Mac.
5) Finally, go ahead and paste the contents to the correspondence for which the console log was needed. This might be a Forum post in our Bug Forum, or a direct email to us. Either way, you've successfully provided the console log!