The Custom Token Markers on the Marketplace
This January Roll20 released an exciting, long-and-much-requested, new feature: Custom Token Markers! You can find more about their use, including API information here.
Creating Token Marker Sets for the Marketplace
To upload your own token markers for sale on the Marketplace, you'll first want to create a token set on Roll20:
- The ideal size for a token marker is 512 x 512
- When they get applied to your token, they'll be resized to 48 x 48 or 24x24.
- All Token Markers should be expected to be visible at this size.
- Token Markers that are muddy or unreadable will not be approved for the Roll20 Marketplace.
- Token markers can be .gif, .png, or .jpeg/.jpg formats.
- Animated token markers are not supported at this time; if you upload an animated gif, only one frame will be uploaded and displayed.
- The ideal number of token markers per set is ~50 at $4.99. Creators are free to deviate from this number, but consider it a best practice
- We require that at least 15 unique images per pack.
- This does not include color shifts, opacity/or other alterations to the same asset.
- All Token Markers must be submitted with the expectation that they can be downloaded.
- Due to the needs for displaying Token Markers, it is very easy for users to download them. Expect that they will do so.
Creating A Bundle with Existing Assets
Many Marketplace Creators have already created “status icons” and other relevant images that they would like to include as Token Markers. We recommend joining both a previous Art Token Pack and a new Token Marker set into one bundle at the same price point, in order to allow users to enjoy your content in the way that works best for them. We believe this process will facilitate goodwill with users as they look to use this new VTT feature.
- Create a Token Marker pack using the existing Art Token assets.
- Verify that the previous assets look good on the preview, and test them in a game.
- Complex images may not scale down and will then be unsuitable for Token Markers
- Create a Bundle on the Marketplace with the same name as the existing Art Token Pack
- Create a Token Marker set on the Marketplace
- Add in both the Art Token and Token Marker set to the Bundle
- When sending in the approval, please add the following text: “This bundle should replace pack [LINK]” - We will handle the details from here!
- If your pack is approved, we will update your listing and remove the previous pack as live, verifying that all who purchased the previous pack will now have access to all the products in the Bundle.